Golden Cockerel Press was founded in 1920 by Harold Midgley Taylor in Waltham St. Lawrence, Berkshire. In 1924 Robert Gibbings became the owner of the press until 1933 when Christopher Sandford took over as head of the press until 1959. Eric Gill was the designer of the font used at the Golden Cockerel Press, he also did wood engravings for several books the press published. The press closed in 1961.
To find more books printed at Golden Cockerel Press within Special Collections advance search the catalog for "Golden Cockerel Press" in all Marylandia and Rare Books collections.
Books printed at Golden Cockerel Press in Special Collections include:
Below is a list of books about Golden Cockerel Press we have in Special Collections: