Faculty Success provides robust documentation to support users who need to generate a BibTeX file from various platforms. You can follow the preceding link, or click the question mark next to Import from a BibTeX file on the publication import screen in Faculty Success:
Instructions and how-to videos for several major platforms are included below.
Many Faculty Success users will have much of the needed publication information saved in a bibliography of some kind, such as your CV. Several tools exist that will attempt to parse a formatted text bibliography into the BibTeX format. These are somewhat experimental, but may be worth trying:
If you are on a Mac, TextEdit will by default save any file as a Rich Text File (.rtf) which will not work for import into Faculty Success. You will have to switch to plain text by going to TextEdit > Preferences and selecting Plain Text under Format. You can then paste in the Google Scholar bibtex output and save as .txt.
1. Log in to Mendeley or Mendeley desktop
2. Navigate to the folder in your library that has the publications you want to use to create a BibTeX file
3. Select the publications you want to export
4. Go to File, and then Export
5. Make sure you have chosen a name and location and the file type is "BibTeX (*.bib)"