What is LibX?
LibX is an opensource additional toolbar that can give you easy access to the University of Maryland Catalog and other resources.
However, check out the tabs because LibX contains way more useful features than that description allows.
Among other things, LibX can help:
- Locate items in the UMD catalog through the toolbar
- Identify items by ISBN, ISSN, DOIs and PubMedIDs
- Give you easy access to important library related sites
- Search library related sites.
- Find things by keyword in Google Scholar
- Link materials in Amazon and the New York times to the UMD catalog
- Turn ISBN, ISSN, DOI and PMID into links
So basically, there are loads of reasons you should download the University of Maryland LibX add-on. We'll expand on these reasons in the different tabs above.
For more general information on LibX you can visit http://libx.org/
Download UMD LibX
UMD's LibX is available for Firefox and IE. A Chrome version is in the works. Firefox is the preferred browser.