Contestants will be competing for five prizes:
- Star Baker: The best of the best! This award goes to the most dazzling showstopper in the tent.
- Judged By Its Cover: This award goes to the baker who brings in the most aesthetically appealing bake. Show off your piping skills, because the judges will be on the look out for something visually stunning!
- Bookworm: This award goes to the person who found a recipe in the murkiest depths of the library collections.
- Crumbdinger: An award for a delicious bake that is just top-of-the-line scrummy, worthy of a Paul Hollywood handshake.
- Whisk Taker: This award is for the baker that's attempted something ambitious, risky, or just plain out there - an architecturally ambitious cake, a Jell-O salad, or something with ingredients no longer appreciated by the 21st century.
The last two of the above will be based on audience votes at the event, so bring your friends for some support and some free food!
Not sure where to start looking for your cookbook? Don't despair! We have a great collection of recipes right here with images of recipes that you can browse if you want to get baking right away. If you prefer to do a bit more of a deep dive, we have a list of examples of physical cookbooks in McKeldin and in Hornbake linked in the sidebar to the left.