Google Scholar is an online profile system that automatically indexes your scholarly output by crawling online academic sources. It has broad coverage, but may include more than just peer-reviewed publications, such as dissertations and conference presentations included in institutional repositories.
Only certain formats will be correctly exported to BibTeX for import into Activity Insight:
Note that Google Scholar does not include DOIs for articles, and incorrectly exports selected items.
*Miscellaneous will appear as Other in Activity Insight
1. Open https://scholar.google.com
2. Click "My Profile" in the upper left
3. If you are not already logged in, log in to your Google acount
4. On the left side of the screen click the check box next to "TITLE" to select all
5. To the right of the check box click "EXPORT"
6. Choose BibTeX
7. In the popup box choose "Export all my articles"
8. Click "EXPORT"
9. You will get a page full of odd-looking information
10. Go to File > Save As...
11. Save the file as a .txt file with a title and in a location you'll remember
12. Now you have a BibTeX file of your current Google Scholar data!