Search the Libraries' Catalog
Search the UM Libraries for books and journals:
Strategies for Finding Statistics
- See general statistic gateways at General Sources or click on the subject tab for specific statistics.
- Many statistics are available through electronic databases in Research Port Statistics Databases. UM only due to licensing agreement.
- Many statistics for Maryland are available in U.S. federal government sources; for further information consult the Federal Statistics UM Libraries guide.
- To find statistics on other topics in the UM Libraries Catalog or on the Web, try using the keywords Maryland, statistics, and other pertinent terms in a word search for the Catalog or Search Engine.
- Find the pertinent state or local agency Web site and use the search box or look for links to reports or publications which often contain useful statistics.
How to find books
UM Libraries Catalog: Use the Catalog to search for books, journal titles, government documents, manuscript collections, and other materials owned by the UM Libraries. Check the box for "USMAI (All Campuses)" in order to search the entire UM System at once. You may search for a topic using word/s anywhere or subject word/s or use the Library of Congress Subject Headings (viewable within individual records or by using the "Subject Beginning with..." search).