Contact special collections staff in advance for assistance. Access to some collections may be restricted or retrieval delayed because of physical condition or level of processing. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- Register online for an Special Collections Research Account
- Make requests for materials through your research account prior to your arrival.
- Contact us if you are interested in a specific subject and a special collections librarian can help identify materials that may be of interest.
- Bring a laptop and digital camera, if desired.
- Bring a valid university-issued or government-issued photo ID.
DURING YOUR VISIT
- Sign in at the Welcome Desk and store appropriate items in the lockers provided.
- Follow reading room guidelines.
- Use a digital camera to take photographs (no flash) for your research or submit dupliation orders online using your special collections research account .
- Ask the reference librarian if you need help finding materials or you have questions about our policies.