UBorrow enables you to search for and request print books and other items directly from 15 major university libraries and the Center for Research Libraries, with combined collections of more than 90 million volumes.
UBorrow is a service of the Big Ten Academic Alliance, which is comprised of the universities of the Big Ten Conference plus the University of Chicago.
NOTE: UBorrow works best for print titles (books).
To request titles through UBorrow - do the following:
1. Go to the UBorrow Page and type in the title or ISBN of the item you would like to locate. Click "Search".
2. An orange progress circle will appear and indicate the system is searching all UBorrow libraries' catalogs. The search results will update as each catalog is searched. ALLOW ALL DATABASES TO BE SEARCHED BEFORE SELECTING A TITLE.
3. When all catalogs have been searched, the page will display the total number of records. Select the title you would like to request by clicking on the title.
4. A new page will load with the catalog record. The list of "Sources" shows copies owned by CIC libraries and their current availability.
If there is a requestable copy, select "Request via UBorrow".
5. Log in using your University of Maryland Userid/Password.
6. If the title is a multi volume work, indicate which volumes you would like. If you are requesting a single book that is not a multi volume work, do NOT type any information the text box. The text box is not a notes field.
7. Select the "Submit Request" button. Your request is complete. You will receive notification of the book's arrival within approximately one week.
Check on the status of your UBorrow requests through the Interlibrary Loan Services Account.
If there are no requestable copies through UBorrow, please view instructions for obtaining a local copy or requesting a copy through Interlibrary Loan.