If you want to direct people to a certain book, journal, or audio visual item in the catalog you can link to it through either WorldcatUM or the UMD library catalog.
Linking to an item in WorldcatUM:
1. Search for your book in worldcat.
2. Click "Permalink" in the upper right
3. Copy the link and use it as you wish.
Linking to the library catalog takes a little more work but is manageable
Linking to an item in the library catalog:
1. Search for your book in the library catalog.
2. Click on "named MARC tags" or "MARC tags" in the choose display line
3. Scroll all the way down in either the "named MARC tags" or "MARC tags" until you see "Direct URL"
4. Copy and paste this URL as you wish