The Art Newspaper
The University of Maryland Libraries provide access to many sources of information useful for the study of Italian Renaissance art. This session will offer an overview of research skills, library services and relevant resources including the Libraries' online Catalog, and subject-specific databases available through Research Port.
Here on the home page, you'll find a link to the Art Library's Web site, a quick overview of library services and resources, as well as the latest arts-related news updates from trusted sources in the field. Use the tabs at the top of the page to find general research tips, links to specialized resources, information on citing your sources for papers and projects, and more.
For additional information or research assistance please contact Patricia Cossard by email or phone 301-405-9065.
Resources and services you'll find in the Art Library:
- Library Services Desk -- ask us for assistance, pick-up holds, borrow books, return books (main level)
- Reference Collection -- non-circulating books for ready research (main level)
- Stacks -- regular size books (mezzanine level)
- Folio -- larger size books (main level)
- Bound Periodicals -- journals, magazines and newspapers (both levels)
- Public Computers -- access to the Libraries' Catalog, Research Port and more (main level)
- Pay-for-Print, Photocopy and Scanning facilities -- located at the Library Services Desk (main level)
Resources and services you'll find in McKeldin Library:
- Library Services Desk -- borrow a book on reserve for your class
- Current Periodicals -- reading room
- Stacks -- regular size books
- Folio -- larger size books
- Bound Periodicals -- journals, magazines and newspapers
- Public Computers -- access to the Libraries' Catalog, Research Port and more
- The Learning Commons (TLC) -- group study, specialized copying and printing, including 3d and poster printing, tutoring
- TLC Tech Desk -- Pay-for-Print, Photocopy and Scanning facilities
- Equipment Loan -- laptops, chargers, cameras, etc.
- Footnotes Cafe -- food and beverages (coffee by starbucks!)
The UM Lbraries website offers information and quick links to library resources and services:
- Catalogs: find library resources
- Subject/Course Guides: general & subject specific information, UMD course specific, research assistance & more
- Research Port: searchable collections of articles, citations, and data sets with full text access where available
- Database Finder: keyword search to find the databases that contain content relevant to your topic
- UBorrow: when you quickly need items that are currently unavailable or not owned by the UMD Libraries
- My Account: track due dates and renew books online
- Interlibrary Loan: obtain items not owned by the UM Libraries