This guide is designed to help you conduct university level academic research using library resources.
- Choosing a research question.
- Identify keywords and brainstorm for synonyms.
- Determine how many sources you need and what type (e.g., academic or popular).
- Use WorldCat UMD to find books, DVDs, government documents etc.
- Find additional background information in the database CQ Researcher.
- Use Research Port to access databases for articles from magazines, newspapers and journals.
- Cite your sources using MLA Style.