For more information about the University Libraries, visit our website:
Printing and Copying
You can pay for Printing and Copying in the Libraries in one of two ways:
- Open a Terrapin Express account online and use your University ID as your printing card. (Note: Terrapin Express can be used throughout campus, not just in the Libraries!)
- Purchase a Photocopy Card in the Libraries for $1.00
UM Libraries - Locations and Hours
There are eight libraries in the University of Maryland system. Seven are at College Park, and one is at the Shady Grove Campus near Rockville.
Off-Campus Access to Library Resources
Most databases, reference works, and e-journals are restricted to current students, faculty, and staff at the University of Maryland.
In order to access databases and online journals remotely, use ResearchPort. When prompted to select a campus, select the option for University of Maryland, College Park and then "Students, Faculty, and Staff". Then log in with your Directory ID, the same username you use for email and other campus services.
Let us know what you think about this guide
Equipment Loan Program
Forget your laptop? Want to try out an e-book reader? The McKeldin Library Circulation Desk has the following equipment available for loan to students only:
- Laptops - 12 Dell Vostro, 12 MacBook Pro
- Netbooks - 5 Dell Inspiron Mini
- Tablets - 5 iPad (1st gen), 5 ViewSonic gTablet
- E-book readers - 5 Sony Reader Daily Edition
- Cameras - 3 Nikon Coolpix L120 still cameras and 3 Sony Bloggie Duo video cameras
- Noise-reduction headphones - 16 Cyber Acoustics
- Universal* laptop power adapters - 5 Ultra X-Pro adapter (*fits most brands except Apple/Mac)
- MacBook power adapters - 12 MacBook adapters for various, recent models