For more information about the University Libraries, visit our website:
Using Your Laptop in the Libraries
Get instructions for connecting to the campus wireless network, and for printing wirelessly to library printers.
For questions about wireless connections, contact the Division of Information Technology (DIT).
Printing and Copying
You can pay for Printing and Copying in the Libraries in one of two ways:
- Open a Terrapin Express account online and use your University ID as your printing card. (Note: Terrapin Express can be used throughout campus, not just in the Libraries!)
- Purchase a Photocopy Card in the Libraries for $1.00
UM Libraries - Locations and Hours
There are eight libraries in the University of Maryland system. Seven are at College Park, and one is at the Shady Grove Campus near Rockville.
Off-Campus Access to Library Resources
Most databases, reference works, and e-journals are restricted to current students, faculty, and staff at the University of Maryland.
In order to access databases and online journals remotely, use ResearchPort. When prompted to select a campus, select the option for University of Maryland, College Park and then "Students, Faculty, and Staff". Then log in with your Directory ID, the same username you use for email and other campus services.
Let us know what you think about this guide
Equipment Loan Program
Forget your laptop? Want to try out an e-book reader? The Terrapin Learning Commons (2nd floor, McKeldin Library) has equipment available for loan to students only. Available equipment includes:
- Laptops (Dell and Mac) and Tablets (iPad, Android and Sony)
- Laptop and Phone Chargers
- Noise-Reduction Headphones
- HDMI/VGA Cables & Adapters
- USB Headset
- FireWire 6-port Hub
- Wireless Keyboard and Mouse