2nd Floor, Room 2213
College Park, MD 20742
The Art Newspaper
NYT Arts Section
The University of Maryland Libraries provide access to many sources of information useful for the study of Italian Renaissance art. This session will offer an overview of research skills, library services and relevant resources including the Libraries' online Catalog, and subject-specific databases available through Research Port.
Here on the home page, you'll find a link to the Art Library's Web site, a quick overview of library services and resources, as well as the latest arts-related news updates from trusted sources in the field. Use the tabs at the top of the page to find general research tips, links to specialized resources, information on citing your sources for papers and projects, and more.
For additional information or research assistance please contact Louise Greene by email or telephone at 301-405-9064.
Resources and services you'll find in the Art Library:
- Reference/Information Desk -- ask us for assistance
- Reference Collection -- non-circulating books for ready research
- Circulation/Reserve Desk -- borrow a book on reserve for your class
- Circulation Desk -- borrow or return a book
- Stacks -- regular size books (mezzanine level)
- Folio -- larger size books (main level)
- Periodicals -- journals, magazines and newspapers (both levels)
- Current Periodicals -- reading room (mezzanine level)
- Public Computers -- access to the Libraries' Catalog, Research Port and more
- Pay-for-Print, Photocopy and Scanning facilities -- located on the main level
The UM Lbraries home page offers quick links to library resources, services and information. Use the "Get Help" and "Services" tabs to find the following topics and more:
- borrowing from the UM Libraries
- using My Account to track due dates and renew books online
- using Interlibrary Loan to obtain items not owned by the UM Libraries
- accessing course reserves through ELMS Blackboard
- photocopying and printing in the libraries